Miyerkules, Setyembre 23, 2015

Lesson 17: Educational Technology 2 Practicum


Ganancial, Estela L. BSEd General Science 4
MW 3:00-5:00 PM
Educational Technology 2


Lesson 17: Educational Technology 2 Practicum



Content

Educational Technology 2 offers students the experiential process of adapting to technology integration within a student-centered paradigm. This is the practicum phase of the course which can be done, as seen fit by the teacher, either at the end of the more theoretical lessons or inserted between lessons. The practicum phase consists of hands-on computer tutorials which the student teacher or professional teacher-trainee will need to make him/her capable.

The essential requirements for the ET 2 practicum phase will be:

-A computer laboratory/special computer classroom with adequate sets of computers for hands-on tutorial learning
-Participation of computers lab tutor/assistant—as the teacher’s technical assistant—to assist the learner in the use of the computer and its various programs
-Assigned number of hours in the conformity with the course requirement. Tutorials are preferably done during weekends in order to provide continuous hours of computer hands-on training.

The practicum phase consists in:

1. Basic Microsoft Word (6 hrs.)
Individual learner should be able to familiarize the basics of MS Word.

2. Microsoft PowerPoint (6 hrs.)
Familiarization on the basics of MS PowerPoint

3. Internet as tool of Inquiry (4 hrs.)
Facilitate the finding of sources of information appropriate to a learning task.

As a whole, ET 2 ensure to bring the student teacher and the professional teacher trainee to the challenge of a new age—integrating technology in the teaching-learning process. This shall aim Filipino teacher to meet the standards of 21st century digital age.



















Experience

As college student, most of the time, I spend my time facing computer/laptop/netbook for making a PowerPoint presentation since most of my major subjects require me to prepare slides during the reporting. Aside from that, in every reporting, we should present written reports that must be submitted ahead of time. I can say that working through MS Word and PowerPoint are a common things to me. Likewise, browsing the internet is very familiar to me because it is where my most references for my reports are coming from.




Reflection

As a student, working through MS PowerPoint and Word likewise surfing the internet for digging information are very common things to me. For me, such activities which are part of requirements for compliance are a good avenue for me to familiarize more about the said tutorials. Educational Technology 1 and 2 have provided me the necessary things which are very important to consider since I’ll be teaching soon. However, for us to become more effective in our teaching while integrating technology in the classroom, we should still find way to improve our skills in these three basic activities. It is important that we should be more knowledgeable and competent enough in dealing with these basic software programs since these are the most common things that are useful in our teaching soon as well the internet which is the most common reference tool as the source of updated  information.




Application

As I’ll teach someday, I know I already familiarized the basics of these software programs as well as my knowledge in browsing the internet so the only thing that I must do is to improve it more. This can be done through attending seminars and workshops related to IT programs. From that, I could be able to innovate and create some approaches that are more advance as integrate these basic software programs in my teaching career soon.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento