Miyerkules, Setyembre 23, 2015

Lesson 18: Tablets for Textbooks in Schools


Ganancial, Estela L. BSEd General Science 4
MW 3:00-5:00 PM
Educational Technology 2


Lesson 18: Tablets for Textbooks in Schools


Just like how humans evolved as time passed by, textbooks are also evolving due to the fast technological advancement. 

Content

Tablet for learning is still futuristic but today, books are sill the primary of medium of instruction in must schools. These will be replaced by digital technology reading tools, but there are now perceptions that virtual literary may very well ease out textual print literary. The disadvantages of using books for learning are being debated upon. The load of books and work books are backbreaking due to their weight and size. Publishing and printing millions of books are just too expensive. The errors in public school textbooks have also been exposed, errors resulting from information, technical mistakes and editorial lapses. technology is being viewed as a savior. learning technology along with other audio-visual aids to teaching-and-learning. Classroom instruction which rides the vehicle of gaming admittedly makes learning more effective and more fun. De la Salle school administrators, parents and other stakeholders have met to discuss the need of tables as a primary learning tool to replace the textbooks. and it was argues that young students carry many heavy books that physically burdensome.



Experience

Although I don’t have a tablet nor a laptop of my own, I know it is very useful for most students just like me. I wish I could have one but for some reasons, I can’t demand such thing. Since I don’t have a tablet nor laptop, I still rely on textbooks which are available in the library. Honestly, I envy my classmates who have these gadgets. Whenever they want to make slides, encode such written outputs or study while connecting to the internet, they can! Learning is so easy as that actually if you have one. I remember during my elementary and high school years, having a tablet or laptop was a big deal. But my teachers are solid fanatics of books. In my elementary years, we were always required to have books but books were free because the school is own government. For the whole year, I had six textbooks which I carried every school days and that books actually was subjected to be returned at the end of the school year. Just imagine, I had the burden to carry it always as I go to school. The books were heavy on my bag and I always secured that it should be taking care of and not be lost or else I’m going to pay for it if it will be lost or damaged. The worst thing was when I entered high school.  The books were not free anymore, I need to buy in order for me to have one and they were actually very expensive for me and bulky in size. That’s why I hate carrying books because they are heavy for me.



Reflection

We can say that e-books are soft copy version of books. Nowadays, for me, tablets are convenient and easy to carry by students who want convenience while learning. If we take a look on its brighter side, it is more advantageous than books. Lessons from different subjects are intact as one on the tablet and can just easy to be access by students who wish to scan for reviewing lessons or other educational purposes. Aside from that, tablets can able to connect to the internet to browse any updated information related to the topic they are learning about. In sum, tablets are good tools if we want convenience. However, compare to books, they are much vulnerable to some viruses that can able to corrupt all the files or soft copies stored in it. Books, on the other hand, although heavy, but can lasts for a long period of time. So still, it is up to us future teachers if we still stick to traditional way or be in on what’s new today. Anyway, it will matter on how we will integrate the technology in the teaching-learning process. It is just a matter of weighing two things which we think is the most effective one.



Application

Before adapting to this new trend in the school which is the use of tablets in learning, I should consider first its pros and cons. I will try to explore or discover more about tablet and the benefits it could give to the students as well as to the teachers. However, if I find it helpful, why not use for the benefit of my future students. I’ll just find ways on how I will integrate tablet to the learning of students in science concepts.


Tips on how to use the tablet in the teaching-learning process


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento