Huwebes, Agosto 6, 2015

Lesson 3: Understanding Technology Learners

Ganancial, Estela L.  BSEd General Science 4
MW 3:00-5:00 PM
Educational Technology 2

Lesson 3: Understanding Technology Learners


Content

           This lesson talks about the technology learners and how they learn from the use of technology. In this modern generation, most of our children and even us students are much exposed to technology and we cannot deny the reality of it. Even a 3 year-old child can already manipulate such gadget like a tablet for example. You will find it amazing but does it sounds ok? Well, we are expected to have information technology learners/digital learners here. But despite over the progress in the development of cognitive is the feared underdevelopment along social face-to-face interaction skills and that is one lacking in most children nowadays (you will notice that tech children are fond of playing games and probably depend on it). This particular topic seeks to pay attention on how we, as future teachers, will understand this technology learners and how this technology learners can be taught on the proper operations about technology that could benefit for their own good.


Experience

            I have this 5 year-old cousin (kindergarten kid) who is really fond of playing “candy crush” in his eldest sister’s tablet. I can really say he’s a better player than me. J But then his parents won’t allow him to stay long on the use of tablet because that would cause to sore his eyes and my cousin would understand it at some time (although he would cry if he can’t use tablet for a day). J
             My college days are a good evidence of how rampant the technology is. I observe that most students nowadays have laptop of their own and android/smart phones. WiFis are anywhere so anytime they can surf the internet for retrieving of information as well as for some sort of entertainment. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. are now into mobile that readily available in just one click. That makes students enjoying the life while learning.


Reflection
           This lesson made me realized that, a student still, technology is of much needed. Why? I guess I can’t perform well doing my academic requirements especially when it require encoding and data retrieving from internet for some references aside from books. As students, we are always bombarded
with so much paper works and the like and technology helps me a lot in some ways. Although I have neither laptop nor netbook of my own, I would always go to the main library for it or sometimes in the internet cafe. To make your study more convenient, of course you will buy a laptop or netbook but then it requires money, right? Honestly, I am still dreaming of having one because I see its importance for me but I decided not to be so much demanding to my father. I can say that I’m still traditional learner but with a little touch of being technology learner also. In this generation I need not to be ignorant of what is in the trend right now. 


Application


          As a future teacher, it is important that we must know the advantages and disadvantages of using technology in us. We can’t exactly get rid of how technology invades our lives but we have ways to control it, right? If I have future students like these technology learners, of course I have no right to stop them from using it but I would impose strict discipline through setting rules and regulations in using such gadgets. Since I have the authority and more knowledgeable than them, proper guidance is a must. I would always remind them that if they’re inside the classroom, strictly, using gadgets are for educational purposes only. I think proper orientation would be effective because they will be aware of the limitations.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento