Biyernes, Agosto 7, 2015

Lesson 9: Computers as Information and Communication Technology


Ganancial, Estela L.  BSEd General Science 4
MW 3:00-5:00 PM
Educational Technology 2


Lesson 9: Computers as Information and Communication Technology


Content

            We are so much familiar with computers, right? It was pointed out that the advent of the computer is recognized as the third revolution in education. There emerged the computer technology which calls for computer literacy. Computer nowadays is the most widely used as ICT resource in education. With the advent of computer, CAI (computer-assisted instruction) was introduced to education using the principle of individualized learning through interactive processes such as drill exercises. Today’s information age, computer technology has evolved into information and communication technology because of it great demand and application in the field of education as well as to other field of disciplines.

The Personal Computer (PC) as ICT

            Our PC’s are very powerful tool especially in the field of education. It offer a complete package that function both as instructional and educational communication media for teachers and learners. It has the following programs that we can avail of for some educational purposes as well as for entertainment.
·         Microsoft Office
·         Excel
·         Internet explorer
·         Yahoo or Google
·         Adobe Reader
·         MSN
·         Windows media player
·         Cyberlink power
·         GameHouse



Experience

            Way back when I was still in my elementary year, that was when I was a grade 4 pupil, we had been taught how to manipulate computers. Computers that time were very bulgy and the famous drill exercise was keyboard typing. Super Mario was the famous computer game I encountered that time. I could still remember, my computer teachers from grade 4 to 5 taught me on the basic skills in computer operations and how to use the keyboard properly such as the proper position of fingers in the keyboard. Microsoft word was the first thing I learned from Microsoft office programs. Internet was not so familiar to me that time. In storing our data, we were required to have diskettes of our own. Today, most of us use flash drives in saving our files. Until I step in college, I am already familiar with the use of PC and its programs.


Reflection

            I realized that PC could provide the basic needs of a teacher in his/her teaching as well as for the students like me. We are blessed because we have this ICT resource that makes our learning easy and convenient. It is really a big help especially in my part as a student since some of the requirements need to be encoded or to be presented using PowerPoint presentation.  This simple machine is simply amazing that could do multiple tasks for us. It’s a good start to explore the world of technology.


Application

            As I will teach science in the near future, I would really secure personal computer (to be more convenient—a laptop/netbook) because this is very helpful for me to become an effective teacher to my students. This could be my perfect partner as perform my multitasking role as science teacher. I will use excel for computing grades, PowerPoint presentation for my discussion, Microsoft word for my any encoded data, and so on. To enhance my knowledge, I would attend IT seminars/workshops or any related to IT for more advance software that can be used for educational purposes.

              

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento